What Can Frost Etching Do For You?
Since 2002, Glasshouse has offered innovative, custom glasswork to the Dallas/Ft. Worth and Austin, Texas areas. At Glasshouse Products, we pride ourselves on being a family owned and operated business designed to provide our customers with the highest quality, best products available. In keeping with our dedication to offering many varieties custom glasswork, we are excited to offer frost etching as a beautiful addition to any home glass installation.
What is Frost Etching?
Frost etching is the combination of two popular decorative forms of glasswork, into one unique piece. Frosting creates a velvety look to the glass with a smooth texture that appears translucent, yet still allows light to pass. Frosted glass is very aesthetically pleasing and can allow for full shading or custom designs. It is a beautiful way to add a very personal touch to your glasswork and home.
Etched glass is made by using multistage surface etching techniques. Hand etched glass results in three-dimensional glass that adds a decorative touch to doors, windows, mirrors, and more. By combining frosting and etching glass, you create a decorative aspect to any area of your home or business. If you can envision it, Glasshouse can produce it. We customize designs in the Dallas glass and Austin glass communities, to suit all of your needs and wants.
Advantages to Frost Etching
- Frost etching can foster a feeling of warmth and elegance.
- Frost etching is esthetically pleasing to the eye and adds a custom feel to any glass piece in your home.
- Frost etching refracts outdoor light, creating a softer more radiant affect.
- It also is perfect for adding privacy in shower and bathroom areas.
- Frost etching also adds privacy is by obscuring the view from someone outside the home, without decreasing the level of light.
- With its smooth finish and protective coating, frost etched glass is easier to keep clean and free from dirt and fingerprints.
- Frost etching can recreate images, scenes, or any other customizable art. It is easy to create a one of a kind design that will not only add to your home aesthetically, but also monetarily.
Frost Etching is a design element that is in popular demand and continues to grow as homeowners are seeking to decorate using elements of their unique personalities. Contractors, architects, builders, and others are turning to frost etching as a way of customizing home and business designs. Glasshouse Products is dedicated to the Dallas glass and Austin glass communities. Glasshouse Products will design and maintain the highest standards when creating and installing all your frost etched glass and other glass needs.